The Turkish history of Szarvas is a separate chapter, as it played a much more significant role than the Middle Ages. This can be attributed primarily to its strategic importance, as after the Turkish occupation of Gyula Castle in 1566, Szarvas became one of the links in the new Turkish border fortress line along the Körös. We do not know the exact time of construction of the Szarvas plank, it is first mentioned in 1583 by our sources. It was raised by the Turks to secure the Szolnok-Gyula border section, primarily against the Egers. 1590-91. According to the Turkish Defter of the 19th century, the garrison was provided by 195 Turks and Rats, including 3 gunners. It was last mentioned in military events in 1685, when it was finally recaptured by imperial troops and soon demolished.
Since the last centuries, several archaeological finds have surfaced in the city, which can be linked to the palisade castle of the occupation. In 1722, during a treasure hunt, a fragment of a 46-pound cannon was found in the castle rampart, from which a small bell was cast. The second cannon, which can also be seen at the exhibition, was lifted from the riverbed in 1894, during the construction of the new Körös Bridge, in the company of several objects, including two cannonballs. Presumably, the contemporary crossing point may have stood on the site of today's Körös Bridge, from where the cannon could have fallen into the river. The cannon is made of bronze, unadorned, only articulated ribs serve as reinforcement. The simple design of the subject does not allow it to be decided whether it was made for an Ottoman or Christian part. Based on its appearance, the latter can be assumed.